- Most orders are processed Monday through Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm EST
- Once orders are submitted and credit cards authorized orders cannot be cancelled.
- Issues such as lack of inventory or credit card verification may delay order processing.
- Orders placed on the weekend or holidays will be processed on the following business day.
- Orders are processed in the order that they are received.
- All of our products sold are brand new OEM and custom accessories shipped in retail or bulk packaging
- Discounts and free products can never be combined. This does not include gift cards.
- Gift Cards are issued automatically and cannot be cancelled or refunded after purchase.
- We do not ship to P.O. Box addresses. All shipping addresses must be a physical address.
- Upon submission of your order, you will automatically be sent an e-mail to confirm that your order has been received and your credit card information has been verified and charged. Your e-mail confirmation will show the status of the item(s) that you ordered and confirm your method of shipment.
- Please be sure to check your spam/junk mail for your order notification.
Damaged & Defective Items
- You must contact us within 24 hours of receiving your product to claim an item as damaged.
- Please take pictures and retain all original packaging including the shipment box/pack, this will assist us in filing a claim.
- Depending on the nature of the damaged item we will either e-mail you a shipping label or send you a replacement product with a shipping label for the defective item to be sent back.
- We will not be held responsible for the shipping of a damaged item back to us if you do not opt for a replacement.
- If our returns department finds that the item is not damaged, you may be responsible for additional shipping costs as well as a 10-30% re-stocking fee.
- You must contact us within 30 days of receiving your product to claim an item as defective.
- Depending on the nature of the return we will either e-mail you a shipping label or send you a replacement product with a shipping label for the defective item to be sent back.
- We will not be held responsible for the shipping of a defective item back to us if you do not opt for a replacement.
- If you do wish to have your item replaced, you will be charged the amount of the new item and asked to ship the defective item back. Once we receive the defective item back, including original parts and packaging, we will issue a full refund for the item.
- If our returns department finds that the item is not defective, you may be responsible for additional shipping costs as well as a 10-30% re-stocking fee.
Orders placed with a shipping address within the state of California will be subject to California state tax and any necessary local taxes.
If you are an California business or government agency and feel that you are tax exempt, please contact us to learn more about how to create a tax exempt account.
Cole & Mason Warranty Info
DKB Household is confident that our products are manufactured to the highest quality and want to ensure our customers are satisfied. If we determine the damage/defect of your item is covered under warranty you may be issued a replacement or a coupon code for the value of your product as determined by DKB Household USA. The warranty starts from the date of purchase/delivery not from the date of first use.
Is my mill covered by a guarantee?
Yes. Mills with a Precision mechanism have a lifetime guarantee on the mechanism. Mills with a non-precision mechanism have a 10-year guarantee on the mechanism.
How long is the manufacturers guarantee?
For mills, our manufacturer guarantee covers any other parts outside of the lifetime mechanism guarantee for 2 years from the date of purchase. On non-mill items, the manufacturers guarantee is 2 years on all parts.
Are the electrical parts of my electronic mill covered by any guarantee?
Yes. The battery cell unit (where the batteries are put) is covered for 2 years from the date of purchase.
What does the Cole & Mason Lifetime guarantee cover?
It covers the mechanism itself (which grinds the salt or pepper), the mill stem (that runs throughout the center of the mill from top to bottom) and the guide bar (that holds the stem in place). Please refer to our Guarantee page for more details.
How do I make a guarantee claim under the Cole & Mason Lifetime guarantee/manufacturer guarantee?
Please get in touch via our contact us page to start a guarantee claim.
Where are Cole & Mason products made?
All of our product design & development is based here in the UK. Our products are physically produced in China and we only work with very reputable manufacturing partners, who adhere to our very high quality standards.
Web Order Questions
How can I place an order with Cole & Mason?
Orders can only be placed online via our website. We do not have the ability to take orders by phone, email or mail order.
How long will it take me to get my order?
We aim to ship orders from our warehouse within 2 business days after you have completed your order. Some addresses not within mainland USA or in remote areas may take longer. Overall, please allow 3-5 days to receive your order from the date of your order confirmation.
Do you deliver internationally?
We do not ship internationally. Please get in touch with one of our International brand representatives via our Distributor information page.
How do I change the grind setting of my mill?
If your mill has a knob, turn this anti-clockwise for a coarser setting or clockwise for a finer setting. The knob will either be located on the top of the mill, or on the base depending on which mill you have. To watch a video on how to change the grind setting of our mills, head to our YouTube channel here.
Can the mechanism on my mill be replaced?
No. Our mills are machine made and sold as a single unit. We do not offer replacement parts. Also, removal/replacement of your mills mechanism will result in voiding the warranty for your mill. Please contact our team for troubleshooting any issues you may experience with your mill.
Can I put salt in my pepper mill and vice versa?
This depends entirely on the mechanism. Salt can only be used in a mill that has a nylon or ceramic mechanism. Salt cannot be used in a carbon steel mechanism. Pepper can only be used in a mill that has a ceramic or carbon steel mechanism. Pepper cannot be used in a nylon mechanism. The only mills where salt and pepper can both be used are if they have a ceramic mechanism. To learn more about our mechanisms click here.
Can I put my mill in dishwasher?
No, Cole & Mason mills cannot be put in dishwashers.
What is the best way to clean my mills?
The best way to clean a mill is to use a damp (not wet), colorless cloth. After cleaning, dry the mill straight away - do not leave wet. The mechanisms should not be rinsed, submerged in water, placed on a wet surface or get wet in any way. Please do not use cleaning products on the mills, for example, anti-bacterial or kitchen spray.
Why has my mill gone rusty/moldy?
The primary reason why your mill would have rusted/produced mold, is water exposure. This includes putting the mill in the dishwasher, washing it in a sink, wiping with a damp cloth and not drying after. Incorrect storage, like leaving the mill in a damp place or leaving it outdoors could also cause rust or mold.
Why has the salt in my mill become discolored and is it harmful?
Your salt mill could have got discolored due to water exposure, food residue stuck at the base, storing in a damp place or leaving of an unclean surface.
We would advise that you do not eat the salt and dispose of any that may have come into contact with the discoloration. If the mechanism has discolored it cannot be washed and should not be used.
Where are Cole & Mason salt and peppercorns sourced from?
Our salt is currently sourced from Belgium and peppercorns are sourced from Vietnam.
How can I change the light in my mill?
It is not possible to replace the light in any electronic mills. All lightbulbs in mills are LED and have a long-life expectancy.
What types of salt can be used in Cole & Mason salt mills?
You can use sea salt, rock salt and Pink Himalayan rock salt in mills with a nylon mechanism however we would recommend using a mill with a ceramic mechanism for prolonged use. Rock salt is harder than sea salt and will wear down the mechanism quicker over time however this is less likely to happen with a ceramic mechanism.
What are the best before dates of the spices included in racks?
Herb and spice sell by dates are displayed on the bottom of the box, if you no longer have this we recommend a best before date of two years from the date of purchase.
Is it safe to use a brush or scouring pad on the Pestle & Mortar?
Yes, it is safe to use both items to clean our pestle & mortars.
Are the granite pestle & mortars dishwasher safe?
No, our granite pestle & mortars are not dishwasher safe. The best way to clean is under running water with a brush or sponge.
Why does my pestle & mortar produce dust?
When the pestle and mortar meet without any ingredients, natural dust from the granite is produced. Wash thoroughly with water and your pestle & mortar will be safe to use. We also advise cleaning your new pestle & mortar before its first use.
STILL NEED HELP?
If you believe your item qualifies for a warranty replacement, please complete the Warranty Claim form. Please Upload image(s) of the product; be sure to provide a picture showing the problem area if possible as well as a picture showing the brand's name. Also, please upload an image of your sales receipt to show proof of purchase. Without proof of purchase your warranty claim may be denied.
For anything else, please contact email@example.com
For a list of brand partners, Click Here.
Interested in Volume Pricing? Click Here.
For our full return policy. Click Here.
We love hearing from our customers. If you have a question about our products or making an order, we can help.
For any comments or questions please contact us by phone or email.
Customer service: 949-699-1884
We are available Mon-Fri 8am - 4pm PST
Please do not return items to us without contacting us first. We cannot be held responsible for items returned without approval and subsequent repairs, refunds or credits may not be possible.
Our mailing address is:
3467 APEX PEAKWAY
APEX, NC 27502-5757
Please note, if you are a consumer based outside of the United States and wish to enquire about a guarantee claim, aftersales, buying our products etc., it is best to contact either the retailer from where you purchased the item - or you can contact the Cole & Mason Brand Representative in the country of purchase.