By Sandhya Hariharan @sandhyaskitchen
If you are looking for a better way to make this British classic, try this brioche bread butter pudding in the air fryer.
Air fryer cooks the pudding in just 15 minutes, so much faster than cooking in the oven. Plus there is no preheating time too!
We love using Brioche bread for a richer pudding. You can feel free to use challah bread or any white bread for this recipe. Don’t like sultanas, use chocolate chips or dried fruits in the pudding.
The recipe is simple and straightforward. Use a serving dish that fits inside your air fryer basket. I am using Instant Pot Vortex 6 in 1 air fryer for the recipe and this 22 x 16 x 8cm dish fits well.
This bread and butter pudding is delicious on its own. But we love it with a serving of vanilla custard or cream.
- 8 slices Brioche bread, halved diagonally
- 30g Butter for buttering the bread and greasing
- 50g Sultanas
- 300ml Milk
- 100 ml Double cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 2 Egg
- 3 Tbsp caster sugar
- To make the custard, place all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk together until well combined.
- Grease the dish with butter. Spread butter on both the sides of the bread.
- Arrange half the bread in the base of the dish, overlapping each other. Sprinkle the sultanas and pour half the prepared custard.
- Now arrange the remaining bread slices and sultanas.Pour the remaining custard.
- Allow the pudding stand for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- After 30 minutes, place the dish into the air fryer basket and air fry at 160C for 15 minutes. Check with a knife if it comes out clean. If you need to cook longer, cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Enjoy this delicious Air fryer Bread Butter pudding warm or cold.