By Sandhya Hariharan
Are you ready for the ultimate guacamole experience with this incredible recipe made in a pestle and mortar? Let me assure you, this is hands down the best guacamole you'll ever taste. The flavors in this avocado dip are simply irresistible, even with the most basic ingredients.
Made with 7 essential components, including guacamole, jalapeños, fresh cilantro, and zesty lime juice, this dip is an absolute crowd-pleaser. Whether you're hosting a party or simply seeking a tantalizing appetizer, look no further.
This versatile guacamole can be loaded over nachos, stuffed into tacos, or even generously slathered onto burritos – the possibilities are endless, and the results are consistently outstanding. Plus, the prep time is a mere 10 minutes, making it perfect for those impromptu gatherings.
To get the most out of your guacamole, be sure to use the freshest ingredients possible. Remember, this scrumptious Mexican dip is best enjoyed on the day it's made, but any leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to a day.
So, grab your Cole and Mason pestle and mortar and get ready to experience guacamole perfection!
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 3 large avocados
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, diced
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits. Scoop out the flesh and place it in the pestle and mortar.
- Add the fresh cilantro, jalapeños (seeds removed for less heat if desired), and lemon juice to the pestle and mortar.
- Using the pestle, gently crush and combine the ingredients until you achieve a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Season with salt to taste, adjusting as needed.
- Add the diced red onion and tomatoes to the mixture and gently stir to ensure they are evenly distributed throughout the guacamole.
- Enjoy immediately for the best flavour and store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to a day.