By Sandhya Hariharan
Autumn is here, and you know what that means – it's soup season! This Roasted Broccoli Cheddar soup is the perfect way to cozy up and embrace the fall vibes. Packed with veggies and boasting a delightful texture from roasted broccoli, it's a breeze to make.
You start by roasting broccoli, potato, onion, and garlic in the air fryer until the broccoli is crispy and onions are slightly caramelized. Then, transfer it to a pot with stock and briefly bring it to a boil until the potatoes are cooked. Blend it into creamy goodness and then add some milk and lots of cheddar cheese.
What's great is that it's super easy to make. Even if you're not a kitchen whiz, you can totally nail it.
The best part? It pairs wonderfully with a crusty piece of bread. And for all you meat lovers out there, don't hesitate to top it with some shredded chicken for that extra oomph.
So, as the leaves change color and the temperatures drop, get ready to indulge in the deliciousness of this Roasted Broccoli Cheddar soup.
Prep time 5 minutes
Cook time 20 minutes
- 500g Broccoli, florets separated
- 1 medium white onion, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, plus extra for serving
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spring onions
- In a small mixing bowl, toss the broccoli, potatoes, onion and garlic with olive oil, salt and pepper. Transfer to the air fryer and air fry at 180°C for 12 minutes.
- Transfer all the vegetables, along with the vegetable stock, to a deep pot. Bring it to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Check with a fork to ensure all the veggies are tender.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the mixture until it is smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the milk and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Ladle the soup to bowls, season with salt, pepper, and paprika. Add more cheese and spring onions for garnish.
- Serve hot with a side of bread. Enjoy!