By Tom Mitchell-Dawson
This recipe is perfect to be eaten outside on those long warm summer evenings and even better, is simple to prepare and quick to cook so you can be making the most of the sun. The chicken stays perfectly juicy and has a subtle bit of heat from the marinade. It pairs perfectly with a fresh green leaf salad or some fluffy rice. Serve on the Cole and Mason Acacia chopping board and place in the middle of the table for everyone to share. Finish with a big squeeze of lime and a crack of black pepper for Cole and Mason pepper mill for a zingy finish.
Preparation and cooking time: 30 mins + 1-4 hours marinate time
500g Chicken breast or thigh
4 Cloves or garlic
Thumb sized piece of ginger
Handful or coriander + extra for garnishing
1 Lime + extra to serve
2 Tbsp Olive oil
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp aleppo pepper or chili flakes
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp brown sugar
- First take the chicken breasts, cut into large cubes, and add to a bowl.
- Next peel the garlic and ginger and add to a processor along with the rest of the marinade ingredients. Season with salt and pepper and blend into a rough paste.
- Add the paste to the chicken breasts and mix well so every piece of chicken is evenly coated. Cover with cling film and place in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
- When you are ready to cook the chicken, preheat the grill to high then thread the pieces of chicken into 4 metal skewers.
- Place the skewers under the grill and allow to cook turning every 2 minutes until cooked through. This should take about 10-12 minutes.
Serve on the Cole and Mason acacia wooden chopping board with lime wedges and a simple green salad.